Sunday, September 4, 2011

Buzz Bistro, Fortitude Valley

 Tasmanian salmon on potato roesti with horseradish cream and basil oil

We had a quick lunch at Buzz before checking out of the Emporium in Brisbane. The place was full so we just got the next empty table outside on the sidewalk. I wasn't expecting anything special so imagine my surprise when our food came and it was incredibly delicious.  The taste, the texture--the combination of the ingredients was perfect.

The very casual restaurant is right across the hotel, in the shopping center. I was told the other restaurants around here were very good too.


One of our friends had the marinated chicken salad with avocado, brie and macadamia nuts. Very good also, but not as good as mine.


And B, who loves duck, ordered the confit duck maryland with the roast pumpkin and cherry tomatoes. I ate part of this too. Everything was so good. I love "Modern Oz" food--where everything starts with the best and freshest ingredients, and then they keep the dish simple and straight to the point. No heavy sauces--just fresh clean taste.


The service was spotty  because it was very busy inside the restaurant. One of the guys had to go in and pick up his own dessert from the counter and I waited a quite a while for the coffee. But I still enjoyed the food. I love the food in Australia. And the coffee too!

my exquisite cafe latte
  

BUZZ | Shop 22 - Emporium, 1000 Ann St, Fortitude Valley Q 4006, Brisbane
tel - 07 3252 0511 | fax - 07 3252 1611 | email - info@buzzfood.com.au

statcounter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...