Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Earth Colors and Ikat


Someone is in Bangkok right now looking for ikat fabric in earth colors. So here is a guide on what earth colors are. Basically they are muted colors as opposed to high-intensity colors, or "muddy" instead of "clean" colors.

By the way, these are the exact opposite of what we should be wearing, being "winter" skin tone--dark hair, fair skin.

"Winters look best in true white, true black, cool grays, navy blue, deep reds, bright pinks, jewel tones (emerald, royal blue, royal purple), and icy pastels. Colors to avoid include beige, orange, gold, brown and other washed out shades. Winter skin tone will look faded and ashy in these colors. people--fair with dark hair. Winters look better in bright clean colors, or clean pastel colors, black and white." This is from here.


These are the colors we "winter-people" can wear. 

Okay, back to the main purpose of this post. Now here are the ikat patterns I found online. Sorry no photo credits, I forgot what websites I got the photos.




I couldn't find the muted red ones I was envisioning, I think those are the antique fabrics.


Good luck shopping! Let me know what you find. Here are other ikat-fabric furniture:





No comments:

statcounter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...