Monday, January 26, 2009

I Found It!


I saw this pull at a restaurant in Macau two years ago and knew it was exactly what I wanted for my sliding kitchen doors. I stood up from the dinner table just to take a picture of it. Over the next months, I searched high and low, scouring even the internet for something similar. 

Of course I  visited many  hardware stores in Manila, but everything here is very sleek and modern (and either chrome of stainless). I really had my heart set on that ornate thing I saw in Macau.

This is a selection they had in Belmont Hardware in Palo Alto.

Then on a recent stopover trip to HK, I saw a similar pull in one of the hardware stores in Lockhart Road, HK. I wasn't sure because it looked to small for the doors. I didn't buy it. But I kept thinking of it! 

On my second trip back to HK a month later , I just went ahead and bought the pulls because I couldn't find anything else I liked. It was also the closest I got to the image I had in my mind.


Lo and behold, looking back at my iPhoto files, it's the EXACT same pull! Of course! Macau is next to HK--why would a restaurant look farther than that! (unless they are as OC as me?). I don't even know why I thought it was too small for my doors? 

I should just trust my instincts and stop second guessing myself.

1 comment:

Dolly Lama! said...

If you were here in Oregon... I would've brought you to the Restoration shops where you find true vintage stuff...

statcounter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...