Sunday, November 20, 2011

Zebra Stripes in Interiors



Here is the look I'm trying to achieve with the big mirror I'm looking for. Not only do I love a huge mirror, I also want some zebra stripes somewhere in living room, just like this. I don't need a full zebra displayed on the floor--just one or two accent ottomans (otttomen?)

I love that this living room is up-to-date, but is warm enough to be inviting and cozy. Here is another angle below.  A zebra print adds the right type of accent to any neutral interior. It automatically become the focal point of the room.

 



Here are other examples of zebra accents in the living room.




Even a little goes a very long way. Look at the pillows below.


These two photos below are supposed to be Monique Lhuillier's home in the States--a nice mix of modern and natural elements.


More zebra pillows in another neutral room.


This is some of the furniture I found online. Sorry, I've been collecting this for a while now so I don't remember the sources. I'd love to trade my piano bench for this zebra bench below.
If not that, maybe my little den can have this ottoman as a coffee table.


But the ultimate would be to own this beautiful Louis XVI zebra settee. Ooh la la, I feel love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. I love that bold, graphic quality it brings to a space. Can't wait to see your combination of mirror and zebra when you get it installed.

Anonymous said...

hi partner...nice! in the mid seventies, mommy used zebra stripes on her 2 gigantic sofa beds and pillows (size of 1/3 or even 1/2 of a bed) in the baguio house with metal paintings as accent on the walls. she was so "funky", we kids used to make fun of it when we were growing up. now i realize, she really has good taste!!!! - ak

statcounter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...