Monday, April 13, 2015

The Grand Bazaar, Istanbul



The Grand Bazaar in Istanbul is one place where I got my senses assaulted.  I was so overwhelmed I left empty-handed. 

Jess, if you are reading this, which you should be doing when you wake up today--there is one photo here which shows the necklace I want.




Actually I would be ordering a rug from you too, but since Maya came into the house, I've had to remove all my rugs! Having a dog is such a hassle, and detrimental to interior design. But she is so cute so the rugs remain rolled in the laundry room.



Okay, where is that necklace...


It's simple lang, and many of the bazaar jewellers here have copied it. Or maybe they just buy their stash from there and re-sell here.


The only thing I ever bought from the Grand Bazaar, almost 10 years ago, were turkish outfits for the girls who were 2 and 3 years old then. They looked so cute in those outfits and were able to wear it to many costume parties.

I didn't find any turkish outfit shop this time.








Since I wasn't on the look out to buy anything,  I also avoided chatting with the shopkeepers. I'm such a sucker for home decor that I would've ended up buying a light fixture if I started a conversation. Then it will just end up in storage.




Wait, I don't see the necklace is any of these pictures.




Bahala ka na, I trust your good taste! Just buy me something... (but not an evil-eye pendant k?)



Have fun, remember to FOCUS, and don't get overwhelmed!


I'll see if I can google you some other pegs.


This is the guy who showed us around when we were there.
































































No comments:

statcounter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...