Sunday, September 26, 2010

Toscana Farms, Silang



On the way to Nasugbu this week, I was finally able to stop by the Toscana Farms kiosk in Silang. I never stopped by before because aside from it being on the 'going home' part of the road,  we would zoom  by it before I'd have a chance to say "hey, let's stop there..."



But mom says she always stops here on her way to the beach and since I was riding with her this time, her driver knew exactly where to slow down to be able to make the left turn into the parking lot.
I finally got to see the place.


We each bought a sweet basil plant for P250 each (roughly $5).


And a small rosemary plant for P300 ($6)

I don't know if that's the right price to pay, but in the grocery, a small bunch of basil is P50  and rosemary is about P60. I've always been excited to keep my own fresh herbs in the garden. 
I hope I don't kill these plants.


Then I got some yellow capsicums for grilling. They taste delicious brushed with olive oil, grilled  over coals, and then tossed with balsamic vinegar. You can of course do that with the red and green peppers too, but I usually grill zucchinis for my 'green' and tomatoes for my 'red'.

Here are those nice big tomatoes which I sometimes grill plain. Sometimes I halve them, then top with a mixture of parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and breadcrumbs and then stick them under the broiler for a bit. It's a nice side dish and a favorite of my niece Sam. I still have to try this recipe from Smitten Kitchen. Looks like a good side dish.


The sign along the road is very "miss-able", and you're bound to zoom past it too 
if you don't plan ahead. They should repaint their road sign, don't you think?


That telephone number plastered in front of their kiosk is not their number but a number of a fast food delivery outlet. I wonder why they allow this. Anyway, I'd love to give you the complete address, but I don't know it. You'll probably zip past it too-- just pull over and make u-turn back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this in aguinaldo highway or the rosd to sta rosa? I really wanna go there too!

statcounter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...