Friday, September 20, 2013

Tiny Mosaics in Murano

 miniature mosaic of Van Gogh's Starry Night

I'm such a sucker for art stores. This one in Murano got me excited, I immediately wanted to buy these packets of glass tiles and create some art back in the apartment.


But who am I kidding? My last two purchases of travel watercolors and paper have yet to be opened. Oh but what I can create with these little glass chips!


Between trips and life in general, I haven't found the time to paint, what more create a mosaic? But that will change in 2014. I will paint again. (Declaring it is one step in the right direction!)


This tiny store has everything you need to create a mosaic. There were even instruction books on how to create a mosaic. No such store exists here in Manila. Oh no, now I'm getting non-buyer's regret! I should've bought a couple of packs of Murano glass chips, to add to my art stash at home.


The intention was there, but there were too many choices and too many colors. As usual, I got confused and decided not to bother.


Maybe that's a good thing. I have to use my art stash, not add to it! 


No comments:

statcounter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...